Cross browser testing, through which you compare a website's look and performance among different browser versions and platforms, is an important task. This thorough testing helps you to determine whether your website code
MindField’s cross-browser compatibility testing involves testing both the client side and server side behaviour of an application when it is accessed using different web browsers.
The goal of cross-browser testing is to make sure that your website or web application behaves correctly while being viewed by a user on more than one browser, on more than one version of said browsers.
As a company with a digital presence; you want assurance that no matter what your viewers are using your digital presence is viewed consistently, and correctly. This service is essential to making applications available to the largest pool of clients. Our test engineers have extensive experience testing the compatibility all IT components: software, hardware, operating systems, network environments, and web browsers.
In Summary the Benefits of Cross Browser Testing are:
- Stable cross-browser rendering and functionality on all website pages, high quality of your website
- Ease of use and understanding for end users (your clients)
- Simplified website maintenance and updates
- Growth of client conversion ratio
At MindField we take the website through various processes before declaring it as cross browser compliant. Numerous factors determine a websites cross browser compliancy.
- Understanding Browser behaviour.
- Ascertaining use of Professional tools.
- Using HTML4.01 Strict document type.
- Minimizing usage of flash.
- Including Plain Text links for content
- Including Text Alternatives for images.
- Increase cross-browser consistency through strict mode.
Cross browser compliance also makes a website search engine friendly by making it easy for spiders to read and asses content. To top it all every web page processed at MindField goes through a stringent test by running the WebPages on every available browser No matter which browser is used, your Web Page is sure to be loaded with all its features and attributes.
So before the launch of any project the application is thoroughly tested through the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7—10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) and applications with the embedded Microsoft Web-Browser control
- Mozilla Firefox 17—23
- Google Chrome 29
- Opera 12
- Apple Safari 5.1.7
Not a single browser is crossed off of our compatibility test list, before it is officially recognized internationally that the version is no longer available.
The MindField Approach to Cross-Browser Testing:
- Define Parameters, such as requirements, number of device users, operating systems;
- Prepare a matrix of all necessary combinations, prioritize the data, and identify most critical hardware/platform combinations to test;
- Develop Compatibility Test Plan;
- Test and Evaluate;
- Report Results.
The MindField Compatibility Testing Services:
- Hardware: We test how application behaves on different platforms, including IBM 360, HP 9000, Intel, Mac, and more;
- Networking Hardware: We evaluate bandwidth handling capacity;
- Peripherals: We test which can be connected to the PC or network as Printer, DVD drive, etc;
- Operating Systems and Databases: We test the performance between different operating systems and databases;
- Other Software.